Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Taman Maluri - A Great Place To Live in KL


Of all the places in KL I have lived before, I think Taman Maluri is the best. I came from a small town in Johore and have worked in KL for the last 12 years. Since the first day I arrived in KL, I had lived in six different places/areas before I finally found Taman Maluri in 2007.

Recently, I bought myself an apartment in Taman Maluri. I had never been so happy. Whether I had made a good investment or not, it was not so important. The important thing is I truly fall in love with this place. I think Taman Maluri deserves more "credit" and it shouldn't be "under-rated" (just because it is in the Cheras district). This is why I'm writing this and hopefully it will open up people's eyes in considering Taman Maluri, when choosing a place/property to live in/ invest.

It was not long ago when I bumped into a friend of mine named Kelvin, a Real Estate Negotiator who assisted me in renting my apartment two years ago. We had a casual chat and he asked me if I would consider buying a property in Taman Maluri. I was like, "Perhaps, it's time for me to consider owing a home as I 've been paying rents for all my life."

This question seemed to stay on my mind for a while. And it took me only a week to finally sit down and decide if I was going to invest a home. As a reserved person, I did a lot of research online. I was thinking about few places, like Sri Hartamas, Taman Desa, and so on. I even had Puchong on my list. And the funny thing was I had nearly forgotten about Taman Maluri. I was like, "Am I dumb or what? I'm working in KL City Centre and now happily renting my apartment in Taman Maluri. Shouldn't I give this place a chance?" When I thought back what Kelvin had told me, I decided to truly check this place out. After all, this real estate negotiator had not yet disapponted me when he did help me to find a right property to rent two years ago.
After all, Taman Maluri was the place that satisfied me the most. Considering about 5-7 minute drive to Bukit Bintang, it's not expensive to live here. I was wondering why there were so little info about Taman Maluri in the internet. Its property listings were so few and limited. I was frustrated yet patient. That allowed me to think it over and over. I would always drove around the area to take a closer look at everything. I even counted the places that I went for food regularly. I checked the traffic regularly and had time-taken from driving from my place to certain places. I analyzed what I really wanted and needed over over. That was it. I truly believed Taman Maluri was the right place to live. For its price vs its value, no other places came close. My patience had finally paid-off when Kelvin called me to view a nice unit which was available. I grabbed it at the right price and the rest was history.

Today, I'm living happily in Taman Maluri. Am I sitting on a hidden goldmine? I really don't know. To me, this is a good place to live in. It was always tricky to find a right property to invest anywhere anyway.

This is how I analyze my investment risk. Although levels of risk vary, there is risk present whenever an investment is made. As a reserved person, I analyze my valuation a bit more deeply. I did a lot of risk calculations horizontally and vertically. I think I have made the right decision in choosing Taman Maluri. Some people may only look into so-called "hot properties" and they view their investment risks using a number of parameters. The fundamentals of analyzing are always rooted in common sense and can be understood by anyone who wants to invest money. This is tricky.

What is valuation risk? Put simply, this means that at certain price, an investment maybe a good one, but not at other prices. The risk is that a person can buy a good investment at a bad price. For example, not everyone will make good investment in buying those so-called "hot properties" in KLCC area. For another example, a family may have found a wonderful home to buy- the right size, a good location , etc. However, if the price is far outside of the range that the family can afford, this "good" investment would not be a good financial decision for the family. The question to ask when analyzing this type of risk is not something is a good investment, but whether it is a good investment at the current price.

A. Yap

3 comments:

Yap said...

More about Taman Maluri...

Landmark - Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Taman Maluri, Cybernetic College, Jaya Jusco Maluri

Bank – Maybank, Public Bank, Hong Leong, Alliance Bank, AmBank, BSN
Shops – various convenience stores, sundry shops, hardware, laundry, car workshops
Public Services – Police Station, Post Office, Jab. Pendaftaran Negara
Sport Complex – Kg Pandan Sports Complex
Place of Worship – Hindu temple, mosques
Eating Area – Old Town Coffee, McDonald, Pizza Hut, KFC, Domino Pizza
Hotel – Hotel Maluri
Entertainment – various karaoke parlours
Park – new, playground
Petrol Station – Petronas, Shell, ESSO, BHP

Amenities-
Bank – Maybank, Public Bank, Hong Leong, Alliance Bank, AmBank, BSN, CIMB
Shops – various convenience stores, sundry shops, hardware, laundry, car workshops
Public Services – Police Station, Post Office, Jab. Pendaftaran Negara
Sport Complex – Kg Pandan Sports Complex
Place of Worship – Hindu temple, mosques
Eating Area – Old Town Coffee, McDonald, Pizza Hut, KFC, Domino Pizza, and many good chinese restaurants, Mak Mak
Hotel – Hotel Maluri
Entertainment – various karaoke parlours
Park – new, playground
Petrol Station – Petronas, Shell, ESSO, BHP
Shopping – Jaya Jusco Maluri

Institutes/Schools -
Kolej Teknologi Antarabangsa Cybernetics
Kolej Teknologi YPC-iTWEB
Kolej Polytechnic Mara
Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Bintang Utara
Sekolah Menengah Kebangasaan Pandan Jaya
Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Taman Maluri
Sekolah Kebangsaan Puteri Pandan
Institut Kemahiran Baitulmal
Sri Garden International School
Smart Reader Kampung Pandan

Kolej Teknologi Antarabangsa Cybernetics
Kolej Teknologi YPC-iTWEB
Kolej Polytechnic Mara
Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Bintang Utara
Sekolah Menengah Kebangasaan Pandan Jaya
Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Taman Maluri
Sekolah Kebangsaan Puteri Pandan
Institut Kemahiran Baitulmal
Sri Garden International School
Smart Reader Kampung Pandan

Access -
LRT: Maluri Station (1-2 min walk from Jusco/20 min walk to Pandan Jaya LRT Station)
Bus: RapidKL and Metro Buses
Taxi: Convenient
Access to highway: MRR2, KL Seremban Highway, KL Putrajaya Highway

Neighboring Locations:
Closest property development to KL town centre
Kampong Pandan, Pandan Jaya, Desa Pandan, Taman Shamelin Perkasa

Proximity -
Within 5 – 15 minutes drive to Bukit Bintang, Sungai Wang, Time Square, KLCC, Lot 10, Pavilion, Jaya Jusco Maluri, Tesco, Carrefour, Ampang Point
Royal Selangor Golf Club

For Any Properties in Taman Maluri (Sale/Lease)
Shop/Office, Apartments, etc
Kompleks Maluri, Jalalan Jejaka, Casa Ria, Pertiwi, Bam Villa, so on...
Please call Kelvin 012-219-0090

lennybruce said...

Very interesting. Thanks. Am thinking of a second home apartment in Malaysia and some friends told me about Taman Maluri (specifically Bam Villa Apartments) so this info is quite helpful.

Unknown said...

I think maluri is a great place too!
You r certainly sitting on a former tin mine...and hopefully a future 'gold mine' of a location.
You can't be wrong esp if u work in kl and within the radius, the location gives the best value for money, tho still lacking in prestige.

Ipohite